Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Steph Says: Fall Fun with Rascal

October 1st in Louisiana came in with a little chill in the air (read: low 70s) so it's time to bust out all the fall, y'all.

This is my favorite season. Like good ol' F. Scott said, "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall."



I want to dress in fall colors and bake fall treats and hug on some pumpkins while drinking salted caramel mochas out of warm mugs. In my boots. Oh, how I want these Tory Burch riding boots!

I should probably start up a gofundme account for these babies.

One of my favorite things about my city in the fall is the pumpkin patch. In addition to the pumpkins, the local church puts on a fall craft show at the patch the first weekend in October. My friend Amy was selling her precious crocheted hats, so Rascal and I met up with some friends there to say hi and see what there was to see.


There were about 25 or so vendors, and there were lots of cute hand-made items to buy. I got some bows for Rascal because she is finally getting down with the whole "I look so cute when I don't pull my hair out" thing, and she finally has enough hair again to clip on a bow. I also got some kettle corn and sweet dough cookies- both of which I pretended were for Rascal, but who am I fooling?


We also picked up some white pumpkins to decorate. I'm sure my subconscious saw this on Pinterest somewhere, but I'm pretty proud of myself for thinking this up/remembering this project on the fly.
When we got home and I finally gave up on hopes of Rascal taking a nap, we went outside and painted our little pumpkin friends. Pardon me while I pat myself on the back for making sure Rascal didn't get any paint on her clothes.


You gotta do what you gotta do.

The weather was PERFECT and we both had fun- I'd call this a major mama win. Plus, our pumpkins turned our pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself!
After that, we decided that we needed more pumpkins to paint, so the following day we went back to the patch with my parents. As you can see, Rascal was beyond thrilled to pose for pictures with Mama.


She loves me.

Happy fall, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment