Friday, December 5, 2014

Steph Says: Forever A Panther

It's been a while since I've posted, but my life has been pretty consistent (aka BORING) these days: wake up, hang out with Rascal Mae, run a few miles, watch an unholy amount of television, rinse, repeat. Not the best blog fodder.
But today was different. Today was so special. I got to take a day trip to New Orleans with my girl Maria to support my Panther football team as they played in the Division III State Championship.


We got there super early and ended up snagging the Bunker Club seats at the 30 yard line. I'm talking cushy cushy chairs practically ON the field. A metal railing separated us from the Astroturf. I can't even imagine how much these seats would cost for an NFL game, but for $15 I'd say we got quite a deal.

This is what rich people's rumps are treated to.

I got to see so many of my former students, which made my heart so incredibly happy. Not a day goes by that I don't think about them, but to have them all in one place where I could see their smiles and give them hugs...awesome! 

My ladies!!!!
The excitement in the Dome was palpable. I couldn't believe how many people came out to celebrate and cheer on these amazing boys. One of my best girls got the chance of a lifetime to sing the National Anthem on the field, and she rocked it, of course!

The boys fought so hard, but in the end, victory just wasn't meant to be. But they played their hearts out. They had an amazing undefeated season, and they got to play football in the Superdome. They made history for their school. They are such outstanding young men, and I was so blessed to have them in my classes and in my life. I've always felt like they were my babies before I had my baby, and tonight, I am just overwhelmed with pride for my babies.


I love my Panthers.

No comments:

Post a Comment