Friday, May 1, 2015

Presently Loving- April 2015

We recovered (barely) from our wedding/birthday weekend extravaganza, and we're here to bring you everything that we loved in April.
Not mentioned: wedding cake, Dark Roux brunch, pulled pork sandwiches, or wine. Because y'all don't need to see all that. It's not pretty.

WE BOTH LOVE:

These shirts.

Southern Apparel has super cute and comfortable workout/hangout tanks and tees. They make you feel classier than a drive-thru daiquiri, and we're going to be doing a GIVEAWAY with them soon!! Stay tuned to our Instagram for details! 



Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue in Natural is light, but it covers really well and feels cool (as in temperature) when you put it on, which is nice for summer weather! We actually figured out last weekend that we wear the same shade, after being matched at separate stores in separate states. Meant to be? You bet.


MEG LOVES:

This Place.


This place y'all. This coffee. These awesome coffee mugs. The mason jar glasses. The beignets! I would save up all of my cheat meals for an entire year to eat those three little beignets again. Dark Roux was a perfect wrap-up brunch for my weekend in town with Steph and David and a fun little place to enjoy a little acoustic music, swap stories from our fun weekend, and drank the sh** out of some local Louisiana coffee. I miss that stuff!





These products. 

I'm still using and loving my Bare Minerals mineralixirs for my daily skincare (see March's Presently Loving blog for info on those miracle workers), but as an additional skin cream between morning and evening, I've been going for the Coconut oil, which is amazing for keeping your skin tight and nourished. The NatureWell brand combines the natural oils with Vitamins A, C, and E -- which my face seems to love!

The Teatree Mint conditioner is another favorite this month. My hair is in a ponytail every day and usually is soaking wet by the time I leave the gym, so I've been looking for something to help condition it so that it's strong enough to keep growing even with the stresses I'm putting it through. Teatree to the rescue!!



The Greens!

I've kinda been on a greens kick lately, and let's face it, the ones that are REALLY good for you just taste like grass. But that's nothing a little smoothie can't fix, so I've been throwing in strawberries and blueberries, mixed with a tiny bit of yogurt and protein, and this goodness (insert heart eyes emoji because your body will love you all day long when you start your morning off with the cruciferous vegetables that taste so bad but treat you so right!) Honesetly, though, this brand of kale, mixed with some other veggies, and a bit of grilled chicken and olive oil drizzled on top really does taste so good, and helps your muscles grow and your skin glow :) 

  



STEPH LOVES:

This store.
I stopped by my local Complete Nutrition to use a coupon from my LOPA 5k swag bag, and it ended up being a wonderful experience. The people there were so friendly and helpful, and they didn't treat me like someone who didn't belong in their store. I even signed up for the Complete Nutrition Club, and for $11 a month I get $22 to spend. I think you have something like 120 days to use the rewards or they expire, but with the amount of protein shakes and P28 I've been inhaling, that won't be a problem.


HOLY YUM. I found my P28 High Protein Peanut Butter at Complete Nutrition and went for the White Chocolate flavor thanks to an employee's recommendation. It's good, y'all. Like good good. I've tried it on my pancakes, my rice cakes, my spoons, and my favorite one yet- ON A SWEET POTATO.
Yes.
I'll let that sink in. I'll let it sink in the way that P28 sinks into all the crevices of a warm sweet potato fresh out of the oven microwave (because I don't have time for ovens. Please).



This life.
I have jumped on board with IIFYM, AKA If It Fits Your Macros, AKA Flexible Dieting, AKA The Poptart Diet. Basically, you figure out your macros and then you eat exactly that amount of fats, carbs, and protein (all in grams) every day. It's ridiculously complicated at first, and it took me a good three days to not feel like a total idiot, but now that I have the hang of it, it's pretty easy! You have to weigh everything you eat, which is such a pain, but I'm seeing results was seeing results before I ate everything in sight over my birthday weekend. SkinnyMeg does a MUCH better job of explaining it, and she's the reason I ever heard about this crazy way of looking at food.
Sidebar: I got my macros calculated professionally by Paige- she rocks.



What were you into this past month?

XOXO-
Meg & Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment