Sunday, November 2, 2014

Steph Says: November Challenges

November is a big month around here, guys.
It's RACE SEASON.
It's FOOD SEASON.
And with those two elements competing for my time and attention, I have decided...
It's time for MORE CHALLENGES!

Challenge Number One: 
I have hit a plateau. I've been the same weight, give or take three pounds, since JULY. I've been so proud of my gym accomplishments, but my diet hasn't been on point in quite some time. I'm determined to break through this plateau this month. And yea, yea, yea, the scale is just a number, it's about how you feel in your clothes, blah blah blah. I like the number. Sue me.
According to my calculations, there are exactly 24 days from Monday, November 3rd to Wednesday, November 26th.So my challenge is to eat healthy, track my food on MyFitnessPal, and stay within my calorie goal for 24 days straight. Apparently I have a thing for 24-Day Challenges.
I'm still going to treat myself to my coffee every morning with my Dunkin creamer and sugar-free salted caramel syrup. Have I mentioned that I love anything and everything salted caramel? 

But everything else will be fairly healthy and basic- proteins, veggies, complex carbs, hummus, Greek yogurt, etc. Very little processed food.  I'm a creature of habit, so I have no problem eating the same thing over and over again... I see a lot of chicken blegh and ground turkey in my future. On run days and 5:00 a.m. workout days I'll probably throw in an extra breakfast bar so I don't pass out.

Speaking of run days, this week begins my 18-week MARATHON TRAINING program.
I'll be following Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Training Program with one change-Mondays will be my cross-training days instead of Sundays. That brings us to...

Challenge Number Two:
Pile On The Miles with RunEatRepeat!

I've challenged myself to run 65 miles in November. Last time I ran that many miles was in March of this year, when I ran my first half marathon. I'm so fired up for this. A full freakin' marathon, people. That's 26.2 MILES. And I'm going to do it.


Challenge Number Three (ongoing):
I am right on track with the 6-week Body Pump Challenge at my gym. Nine classes down, nine to go. I'm seeing a change in my shoulders, but I'm excited to see what happens on the scale and with the measuring tape when I pair it with healthy eating!

I may or may not be saying goodbye by eating this cheesecake tonight.
With help from The Hubs, of course. If I don't stab him with my fork.

Now the real challenge will be getting back on track after the Thanksgiving feast! Hmm... guess I will start cooking up some kind of challenge for December.

Happy November, lovelies!



No comments:

Post a Comment